Big House Colony Mural at Fort Langley National Historic Site, Fort Langley
Big House, the prominent white building at the top of the hill at Fort Langley National Historic Site was the site in which British Columbia was proclaimed a colony at a ceremony on November 19, 1858. The present building was reconstructed for the event's centennial and includes a mural depicting the signing. The original building served as the Fort's office and residence of the chief trader, the clerk, and their families.
| next image
Back to activity page: Fort Langley National Historic Site