Old Hastings Mill Store Museum Interior, Vancouver
After surviving the fire of 1886, the Old Hasting Mill Store was only building untouched by the destruction ravaged upon the new city however, it was slated for destruction in the late 1920s when the land around it was to be developed. To preserve its historical legacy, the Daughters of Vancouver campaigned for the buildings movement to its current location. It was moved by Barge to Pioneer Park where it became a Museum in 1932.
| next image
Back to activity page: Old Hastings Mill Store