Plaque on Old Hastings Mill Store, Vancouver

Image from Old Hastings Mill Store activity in Things to do in Vancouver

This plaque, one of two, explains the story of the Old Hastings Mill Store Building and its current designation as a museum housing artifacts from Vancouver's history.

The Plaque Reads: The Old Hastings Mill Store Erected in 1865 by Capitan Ed Stamp and his associates served as the first post office on Burrard Inlet, first library and community centre. Repaired and restored by the Native Daughters of British Columbia Post No. 1 in memory of the early pioneers of Vancouver and British Columbia to be used as a museum for the display of relics of early days of Vancouver and British Columbia. Officially Opened by Hon. Randolph Bruce, Lieut. Governor, January 12, 1931

previous image | next image



Back to activity page: Old Hastings Mill Store

Venture Vancouver Blog Feed Venture Vancouver Activity Feed Venture Vancouver Image Feed Follow Venture Vancouver on Twitter Venture Vancouver's YouTube Channel Venture Vancouver's Facebook Page




IMAGE ASSOCIATION:

This image is part of the Old Hastings Mill Store activity review.
To view this activity click here.









HOME
 | 
TOP 10
 | 
ABOUT
 | 
BLOG
 | 
CONTACT
 | 
SITEMAP

Copyright © Venture Vancouver 2012. All rights reserved.